Thursday, January 16, 2020

PEN FRIEND BY APARAJITA APRA

They say a daughter's first love is her father.  I can identify with my dad to a T.  He is certainly a chick magnet the perfect gentleman.  Few are as blessed as I am.  Apart from his wild child days and the little naughty pixie nature, its his ability to really understand people and being an exceptional multitasker that throws me into a shock every time.  

It dates back to perhaps 30 or 20 years back when there were  no serious means of communication.  People use to write letters and they use to communicate via them.  My dad being the gifted powerhouse of talent I knew had too much of charm.  He was in Sainik school, Bhuvaneshvar  hostel and must have been around 15 years old or so.  His sensitivity use to manage to  impress woman from all walks of life.  His curious nature that's also rubbed into me showed its signs in his yester years. This enigmatic man always has things which makes you love him even more and more.  It was two or three days back while we all were  over a cleaning spree.  That we discovered some old long lost letters from girls who were his pen friends 
A special mention to a girl whose name was
Yashuko who hailed from Japan.  His mischievous grin was quite evident over the face.  Now I could sense my interest in western culture ethnicity and lifestyle stems from here.  
"THE GENES CERTAINLY NEVER LIES".  As for me I am more excited than ever to figure out more layers of this multifaceted personality.  

There is a certain element of adrogynity which me and my father share so beautifully. What a day it was to find out the pen friends of my Dad that spanned beyond the country.  Multicultural and surprisingly liberal. Woah!  What a bliss 

No comments:

Post a Comment