Thursday, January 16, 2020

MY DAD'S ENCOUNTER WITH A TRANSGENDER BY APARAJITA APRA




A pass out from XLRI, an  HR of an Multi national  company . Having 32 years of experience in his kitty. A rather progressive man,here is my dad for you.
            This was my perception of him until this incident happen. His reactions surprised me to no bounds. I mean there was no need to exaggerate things so much. So what if it is a transgender .It is still a human. It was a rather derogatory remark he made-" ARE YOU A BOY OR A GIRL?" Had I been in place of my talented friend . I would have replied " SIR I AM NOT A BOY OR A GIRL,I AM A MIRACLE OF NATURE". 
Oh boy that would have been the best answer. Unfortunately the poor thing was all embarrassed and conscious. It takes a great courage in owning and accepting oneself .To leave aside duality and own who we are demands lot of boldness and vigilance. 
It cant be ruled out. In fact its the talent that matters. If everyone can, why not these special people?Look at Miss Lakshmi Narayan ". Aren't we all proud of her? Isn't  this what we call a masterpiece? Her enticing aura and stage presence. The personality that lights up the room. It bring me back to the question my mind has been pondering over lately. "Are we human being secretly scared of being ourselves?Is it the green eyed monster in us that's forcing us to hatred? Is it our shadow side coming to picture?
Because we lack the self contentment they have managed to acquire in this lifetime. these lucky chaps are indeed blessed. They are someone who deserves to be treated with  respect. This is a freaking millennial generation. We have no right to malign our own reputation. Cheers to  being the out of the box creatures that is our defining trait. 
This is actually the man who taught me and guided me through my childhood stages. Ditching the discrimination and teaching equality on all basis.Treating everyone with humane and moving past the stereotypes.I hope next time his behavior is much gentle and amicable wih these people who are so much part of our society and lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment