Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Music. As I see, hear and feel

MUSIC AS I SEE, HEAR AND FEEL BY APARAJITA APRA

I must say music is the only language which speaks when everything goes deaf.  I have literally felt it in all these years.  Must have been some kind of past karmic influences.
Well lets not go there, I think everyone  has got that one particular song that they truly dig in.
For me it has always changed with time and space.  I have been a great lover of western culture for as far as I remember.

What makes music such a phenomenal thing is the way it reaches you, its something so elusive that you can't point finger and tell exactly what it is  but its there.

My first memory of music as I hear from my childhood stories which happens to be a favourite topic at a family's guest gatherings  was my favourite song  as a toddler use to be-"YEH KAALI KAALI ANKHEIN " staring Shahrukh Khan and Kajol from the movie Baazigar. Whenever the song use to play I would start dancing, even in my sleep.
As I grew up so did my relationship with music grew.  But on a subconscious level I got inclined towards english songs and Hollywood quite early on.  I remember listening to vengaboys and backstreet boys as well as aqua secretly.  Hiding the archies books in my blanket since I still didn't hit my teens.  It was always thrilling to hear a song.  My poems and desire for writing was built through them or perhaps it was the other way round.
However my greatest anecdote was music.  There were  days when I did nothing more than play songs in my computer all day long.
I use to feel that the time has just frozen and things have become standstill.  My passion for music grew through leaps and bounds when I was gifted a stunning, shiny lovely Apple Ipod that was the first of its kind.  Now I could store my favourite songs and listen to them as and when I wanted. I was always an active, on the go kind of multitasking kid that was a true fitness freak.  My best time of the day use to be riding a bicycle with the iPod jingling over a full volume.  Man!  The experience was otherworldly. 
The world of music is such a gorgeous aggregation of art, literature, poetry and sound with emotions that could make you experience 'NIRVANA".  I wouldn't say I was fixated to a particular genre of music ever but it was my fixation to music which just lead me to discover over new territories and horizons.
"There was always a song which spoke volumes to me " sometimes inspiring  me, sometimes guiding me, sometimes riding me".  I have never felt so closer to anything in my life as I have to music
Its where I have always found  my refuge and my moments of pure happiness. My paradoxical nature has always made me feel like an outsider but when it comes to music I don't think that I have felt as close to home with anything as music. Its like my piece of heaven on earth, its like my paradise in the spectrum of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment